Sunday, July 31, 2016

Sunday Ride and Weigh In


Today was both a riding day and my weigh in day. I picked back up in Astoria by the Maritime museum today after church, lunch (salad greens with chicken, blue cheese, walnuts, and balsamic vinaigrette), and a trip to the mall with my daughter and her friend. Near the start of the ride, the Columbia River is still visible in the distance, with Washington on the other side.


Leaving Astoria, the view changes as there is more and more vegetation. I love the mixture of trees, shrubs, and grasses along the roads.


I pedaled on for 5 miles this time... the farthest I have gone in one sitting since I began this ride. I stopped to rest after crossing the John Day River.


I then continued riding for another 1.7 miles along Route 30 before stopping for the day. I really enjoy the scenery, even with the usual overcast sky.


My total today was 6.7 miles. I think it is easier to get in more miles and a third ride when I start biking early in the morning. On days like today where I get a late start, I can't make it as far as I'd like. Tomorrow should be a good day for long miles.

Dinner tonight with company over was spaghetti squash topped with marinara sauce, meatballs, and sausage. Everyone else had regular pasta and garlic bread available to choose from, but I am eating lower carb right now (not counting calories or carbs, just making better choices.) Today's weigh in was 244 pounds, down one pound this week.

I am still logging all of my rides in real time on My Virtual Mission, where you can look at my route map and see my times, miles, and speed of each ride. I can say that pedaling is already getting easier, and I am riding on higher resistance for longer. I use the circuits on my bike to mimic hilly terrain, but sadly there is no coasting downhill; I always have to be pedaling. I can feel my legs getting stronger and look forward to trying to go longer distances each week.

Thank you for all the great comments! I so appreciate those of you who are cheering me on.



Weight Loss

No comments:

Post a Comment