Monday, September 26, 2016

Switching It Up!

Cut Oats Top

Mini Me and I did a little shopping this weekend, a new crossfit outfit for her and some new shoes for me. We let the boys tag along, we debated on going to Octoberfest in Mckinney, but it was still so hot out we changed our minds. She's really into Crossfit kids, every day she changes into her workout gear and practices her pushups and squats, she loved using the kettle bell last week to 'deadlift'. 


We had an early dinner at Houlihans, I went with the Squash Lasagna with zoodles on the side - very delicious! My FB group was challenged to have veggies at EVERY MEAL all weekend long. I made some tough choices, I was dying for a burger, but opted for veggies. Eating out can be hard, I try to stick to places I know has SOMETHING I can work with - we rarely eat Italian for that very reason - lots of pasta and sauces. 


I went to Saturday Crossfit and got a crazy hair to do GHD sit-ups, I swore after my surgery I would never do theses again. Someone told me a story about someone ripping open her wounds 10 years later and it got me scared, but you know me... Anyways I did them and my abs are feeling it! 


Sunday I hit the gym to test run these 3 WODs and make sure I could do them in the time limit. Event 1 was really easy {I'm doing the scaled version so the red weight is the weight I use}, event 2 had me like WHOA. I barely made it in the 8 minute time limit, but I'm going to practice again next weekend and maybe adjust what ground to overhead move I'm doing. Event 3 seemed ok - 115 deadlifts, not too bad... until you have to do nonstop for 5 minutes. Then 2 minutes of kettle bell swings, ahhhhh. I didn't do bad, but I need to work on my endurance. I signed up for the BigRigs Rachel's Challenge Event - it's October 15th! 


After Church we ran into my Dad at Costco and he took the kids so we had a lovely quite lunch together. 2 years olds and restaurants are just a hard combo - he likes to climb around and touch every knife in sight. We went to Fuddruckers and I ordered the Kale Power Salad - delish! Highly recommend! I've never put pickled onions in a salad, but I might try to recreate this at home.



Next week I'm hosting an October Diet Bet - weighs out Halloween day. You can sign up here. I'm debating trying something new - either carb cycling or Intermittent Fasting. I'm leaning more towards carb cycling, but I'm going to research a bit more {aka ask Poppy.} before I decide. I just feel like switching life up a bit! 

Anyways, everyone is welcome to join the Diet Bet, you don't have to count macros or anything fancy if you don't want to, but I'll have a Facebook group for the month of the bet. I'll post the link on the Diet Bet wall this week :)


Weight Loss

No comments:

Post a Comment