Monday, January 30, 2017

Motivated Monday : Food Prep.


I'm determined to get some abs, I've been killing it in the kitchen and in the gym. The harder I work the more motivated I am. Giving up sugar and alcohol was hard at first, but honestly the longer I stick to it the easier it is - we've had a box of TAG A LONGS in the house and I don't even want one. Not worth it to me right now. 

I've simplified my meals and it's been so great, I think less about food and stress less about what to eat. When I get tired of a meal, I just change it the next week. Planning is 100% necessary no matter your situation, even if you are home every day you need to plan ahead for success. 

I still spend 1-2 hours on a Sunday meal prepping.


I sleep in, get up and drink a cup of coffee while planning our meals. I clean out the fridge and pantry, see what we need, and make a grocery list. 


I swear we spend half our income on food, we eat 95% of our meals at home. I am pretty picky on brands we use, but making a list and sticking to it does help. What does NOT HELP is that the only jerky I love it 15 bucks. I tried the cheaper one, swear, but it sucked so hard.



I made these turkey meatballs last week - EVERYONE loved them so I put them in rotation again this week. Plus they were so easy to make ahead and just heat up with quinoa and tomato sauce for dinner on the go. 


I also have to prep double the chicken because Oliver is all truffle chicken. Still using the Truffle Rub from AllSpice.com  I cook my chicken at 425 with a electric meat thermometer until is says 165 degrees. 


I do not cut it until I use it for my lunch, that way it doesn't dry out.



I made this for dinner on Sunday night - it was fabulous!!! Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken with Sweet Potato. I'm lazy and did not cook the sweet potato in the oven, that takes way too long, so I peeled and boiled in chucks. Plus it's easier to weigh. The sauce on top is what really makes it, greek yogurt, blue cheese, milk, and vinegar. 


My favorite part of Sunday is around 6:30 when my food prep is done, my kitchen is clean, and I can go take a hot bath and watch Hulu until we go to bed. 





Weight Loss

No comments:

Post a Comment