Sunday, June 18, 2017

Weekly Coffee Date

Weekly Coffee Date

Hi friends! I hope everyone is having a great beginning to their summer. I’ve been pretty overwhelmed lately, with new house stuff, work stuff, and future wedding stuff. These days I feel like I am always one step away from a nervous breakdown :) But our house is finally starting to take shape—the kitchen is now all fresh, white, and bright—and I think I just need to settle into some new routines here and establish a little structure. That always helps. Anyway, here are some links I found interesting while I was surfing the internet (do people still say that?), trying to avoid thinking about all the stuff I should be doing instead:

Here is one that really struck close to home. A new study revealed that the societal pressure to be happy actually makes depression and anxiety worse. Depression rates are higher in cultures that have a greater emphasis on happiness.

Here is a chart that shows some of the better options at fast food restaurants depending on your diet. This could be helpful if you are someone who might need to to occasional grab something quick and convenient but you try to follow a particular diet like low carb, vegetarian, Mediterranean, etc.

If you are looking forward to spending time outside in the sun this summer, remember to wear sunscreen! Here’s a list from the LA Times of the best sunscreens to use.

There is a solar eclipse coming up later in the summer. Here’s some information about how to see it!

Michael Phelps is setting the record straight about the claims he ate a 12,000-calorie-per-day diet. He says he ate much less than that. “12,000 is not real. It’s impossible. You can’t eat that much.” Have to say, I feel like I’ve done it.

Daniel and I just watched the full season of The Handmaid’s Tale this week. It wasn’t a perfect show, but I did really enjoy it. For other fans of the series, here’s a NYT piece with Margaret Atwood who gives some episode by episode insights about the series and book.



Weight Loss

No comments:

Post a Comment