Monday, October 30, 2017

Weekly Coffee Date

Weekly Coffee Date

maui sunset

Hi friends! We just got back from the most amazing two week trip to Hawaii! We went to Maui and Kauai and had such a great time. I am going to cover our trip in a dedicated blog post so I can share some photos and some of the stuff we did. It feels a little weird now that all of the wedding stuff is officially over. It took up so much of my time and focus and now transitioning back to real life seems pretty tough. I used the phrase “I’ll get to it after the wedding” so many times in the last few months that the mountain of work I am facing now is really stressing me out! Meh, maybe I’ll get to it after Halloween.

Here are some links I found interesting while I was avoiding getting to my pile of work:

An inspiring story of a 71-year-old who kayaked across the Atlantic.

Daniel has convinced me to watch Stranger Things season 2 with him but didn’t want to wait for me to watch season 1, so I jumped right in after he gave me a recap. I’m loving the show (despite the frequent pauses when he remembers some additional backstory he thinks I should know). Here’s an article I haven’t read yet detailing a bunch of callbacks, references, and easter eggs from season 2 for those of you who have already binged or don’t mind spoilers!

Here are some “ghostly” animals to read about in National Geographic for Halloween.

An interesting article about the positive impact of teaching kids mindfulness meditation.

A map showing the most popular Halloween candy in each state. I think Really, Montana? Dots?!?!
I’m all about Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups, but Daniel reminds me that the Reese’s pumpkins are actually the best because of the better peanut butter to chocolate ratio.

What are your favorite Halloween treats or traditions?



Weight Loss

No comments:

Post a Comment