Wednesday, February 8, 2017

Low Carb Loaded Cauliflower Nachos


The other day when my son and his girlfriend were making a huge plate of nachos, I thought, now there is a food I miss eating! I've always loved nachos, but while I am eating lower carb, corn chips just aren't a good choice. So I searched online for a healthier, lower carb option and found these: Cauliflower Nachos!

You just cut up some raw cauliflower into thick slices and toss them with a drizzle of olive or avocado oil and a sprinkle of salt, paprika, chili powder, and cumin.

cauliflower nacho chips low carb recipe


Then roast them in a 425 degree oven for 35 minutes, top with cheese and cook another 5 minutes. You can add any nacho toppings you like: black olives, tomatoes, green onions, salsa, avocado, jalapenos, sour cream, and any kind of meat like shredded chicken, pork or beef. I used reduced fat shredded colby jack, lean cooked taco meat, sour cream, salsa, and guacamole.

low carb cauliflower nachos recipe


Mine were not as gooey as the ones in the recipe video, but they were really tasty! I think to get that overly-cheesy, gooey effect you'd need to use full fat cheese... and a lot of it! Go for it if calories are no object :)

These were very satisfying and delicious. Using cauliflower instead of corn chips saves about 13 grams of carbs and 120 calories per serving, plus adds plenty of nutrition to your plate of nachos. I'm always looking for new ways to fit in healthy vegetables while lowering carbs. Do you have any ideas you'd like to share?

Weight Loss

No comments:

Post a Comment