Friday, July 14, 2017

Another Day


I really enjoyed all your comments on the last post. Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts and insights with me! My brain has been off "diet/lifestyle/health" mode (obviously) for a long time as I am dealing with family medical stuff at home, and your reminders and suggestions are very welcome!

Today I took Diana's advice and got up early to go to the farmer's market.


I got
sweet onions
raspberries
strawberries
4 kinds of summer squash
baby/small Yukon Gold potatoes
peaches
corn

All fresh, local, some organic, most pesticide free.
Cost: $24.

I was looking for some spinach but didn't find any; I already have lettuce and kale at home. I am enjoying this bounty today and will get back into the habit of weekly farmer's market trips!

Today's eats:
Breakfast: strawberries, raspberries, and raw almonds
Snack: pumpkin seeds and a pineapple black iced tea infusion from Starbucks (free tea day!)
Lunch: 2 bacon, 1 soft boiled egg, 1 peach, iced coffee with half and half and sugar free syrup
Snack: protein shake
Dinner: cabbage and onions sauteed in avocado oil and toasted sesame oil with sliced turkey breast, two ears of corn with butter and salt
Planned snack: string cheese

So what do you think of that menu? Better than yesterday's?

I biked 2.3 miles and did quite a bit of walking. I will update my nutrition stats when I am done eating for the day.








Weight Loss

No comments:

Post a Comment