Tuesday, July 18, 2017

Here We Go


Thank you for all the comments on my Update Photo post the other day. Now I have a non-photo update to make.

Last week I tracked my calories 1 day and biked 1.7 miles. I did not lose any weight.

This week I tracked my calories 5 days and biked 7.3 miles (through Sunday 7/16). I lost 2 pounds.

This is progress. Someone had made a comment on one of my posts last week saying that I don't even have a plan or any goals, like how many pounds to lose each week , losing 10 pounds as a mini goal, or a set calorie and macronutrients goal. So I wanted to clarify that I do have goals! My goals are to not look like this anymore, and not feel like this anymore. In the years of weight loss efforts I have discovered that setting something like "lose 2 pounds a week" always results in my feeling like a failure. There are going to be weeks that, even though I stay totally on track, my body hangs onto weight for whatever reason: PMS, water retention, natural weight loss cycles, sodium, etc. And if I set a pounds-per-week goal for myself, I am going to "fail" that goal at least once a month. I would rather focus, not on the numbers, but on the behaviors. Then the pounds-per-week takes care of itself! I love to look at numbers as data once the weight loss or gain has happened; I always keep track of what I lose or gain each week, month, year. But no, there is no number goal right now. My "behavior" goal this last 2 weeks has been to get used to tracking again, be accurate in my measurements, start using more time and energy towards buying, prepping, and eating healthy options and smaller portions, and getting back into the habit of biking. I'm accomplishing that, and am proud of the progress! Biking almost every day, even if it is just one or two miles, is going to take me in the right direction and help build the habit and endurance to go longer and farther.

Ending this post with a couple things I enjoyed this week:

Spinach, onion, avocado, bacon, and olive omelet with fresh berries (a great breakfast!)

low carb avocado bacon omelet


Calabacita with fresh corn off the cob added (this was so good, I ate it for dinner for 3 days!)

calabacita recipe

I also enjoyed plenty of peaches, berries, a Wendy's Queso bacon cheeseburger with no bun, and one donut. Pretty much everything else was vegetables, beef, chicken, eggs, and the occasional protein bar or shake. I also bought an Instant Pot this week and will be cooking some chicken breasts to add to salads. I plan to eat fish this week too, along with the veggies I'll pick up at the farmer's market.

Here's to another good... even better week!





Weight Loss

No comments:

Post a Comment